Our Online Clinic
We are a UK Speech and Language practice with a global reach! Online therapy enables us to help children with their communication needs across the UK and throughout the world; enabling us to support families who are beyond our physical reach.
WHAT IS ONLINE SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY
Online speech and language therapy is the delivery of this service over the internet using video conferencing. It is also commonly referred to as Telepractice and Teletherapy and is widely accepted to be as effective as face to face input.
Why Choose Online Therapy?
Accessing our Online Clinic means there is no time required to travel to our clinic making it an affordable and convenient option for families with a busy schedule.
Families who live in remote and isolated areas may have limited access to Speech and Language services. Connecting to our Online Clinic means families can access the highest quality of service from anywhere in the world which has a good internet connection.
Sessions are delivered at a location that suits the family, either at home or in school, allowing input to be seamlessly integrated into a child’s daily life, in their own familiar setting, using their own toys.
The technology we use for video calls is simple and easy to use, making the experience as user-friendly as possible. We trial the technology with you so that you know what to expect and make sure it works for you before you make a commitment.
HOW IT WORKS
Our online process is very similar to our traditional service and here is a step by step guide:
- Contact us to request a free consultation
- During the consultation we will discuss your individual needs and speech and language concerns to determine online speech therapy is right for you and your child
- From here we will agree the approach and arrange our initial assessment
- Prior to the session you will be given set-up information for the online video call
- This will take place over one or two online sessions usually lasting between 1 and 1.5 hours
- The session will be tailored to the child’s individual needs and abilities
- Following the session, you will receive a written report detailing the assessment observations and strategies for future management
- Should therapy be indicated, we can discuss how this may work for your child
- Schedule the sessions in advance at a convenient day and time for you
- The session incorporates a variety of techniques to ensure that your child has the best opportunity to progress with their personal speech and language goals
- Sessions can be booked in 45 or 60 minutes lengths
- Your child’s progress can be reviewed after each block of therapy, or after an agreed period, as required
- If further input is required, then new targets may be set, and new therapeutic practices introduced
- If no further input is required, then the job is done, and your file will be closed
Usually last between 60 and 90 minutes and prices start from £130
£50 for 45 minutes, £65 for 60 minutes
Usually last for between 45 and 60 minutes. Prices start from £70
* There is a 10% discount given for families booking a block of six sessions
You will need an internet enabled device with a web camera and microphone. A Desktop computer, laptop or tablet work best with most laptops and tablets having in-built cameras.
To ensure a good quality video call, you will need a minimum internet connection speed of 2Mbps (most are well in excess of this these days).